Cloud-based software is the future of business solutions.
Our cloud-based business solutions are faster to implement, provide better business results, and cost less for our clients.
For cloud-based systems, initial costs are much lower because you simply install the software to your requirements and then access it through your internet connection. The cloud provider hosts and maintains all of the IT infrastructure for you, ensures the system is always running, that the data is secure, and that updates and product enhancements are rolled out painlessly without breaking your previously implemented customizations.
Ultimately, this allows your IT resources to focus on innovation and growing the business more effectively, rather than spending a disproportionate amount of time maintaining and managing your on-premise systems.
For IT and Operational Executives
Our cloud-based solutions support:
- Productivity gains across departments
- Increase in utilization of IT
- Increase in flexibility while reducing IT requirements and costs.
For Financial Executives
Our cloud-based solutions are asset-light, mobile, and flexible, allowing:
- Elimination of large capital investment
- Variable operating cost
- Freed resources for more important objectives
The Old Way
Traditional business solutions are based on on-premise systems and are installed locally on your company’s hardware and servers and then managed by IT staff. On-premise systems usually require large upfront and ongoing investments to purchase and manage the software and the related hardware, servers, and facilities necessary to run it. On-premise systems require IT teams spend a significant amount of their time and budgets ensuring the system is up-and-running at all times, including maintenance of hardware, server rooms, and more. When its time for the system to be upgraded, IT must then redeploy the system across various users’ computers and re-implement various customizations and integrations from the previous software.
The New Way
Cloud systems called SaaS, or Software-as-a-Service—are provided as a service. With this type of implementation, a company’s software and its associated data are managed centrally (in the Internet “cloud”) by the vendor and are accessed using only a web browser. Costs are typically much lower and the cloud provider ensures the system is always running and that the data is secure. IT resources are no longer spending the majority of their time maintaining and managing on-premise systems.
What About the Security of Cloud-based Systems?
The Security of large Cloud-based solution providers is among the best in the world and goes far beyond what most businesses can provide for their on-premise solutions.
- Data Center – The Data Centers are facilities with 24-hour armed guards, controlled physical access, and strict segregation of duties for those who can access.
- Network – Networks have continuous Security Monitoring through numerous intrusion detection systems and third party scans and penetration tests. In addition, the security is certified by US and International standards bodies such the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium.
- Database – There is no direct access to the database and multiple layers separate the data from the applications.
- Applications – Strict security and monitoring is applied in the applications via role-level access, audit logging, encryption, and password policies among other items.
Examples of NetSuite security certifications include:
- U.S-EU Safe Harbor Certified – U.S Department of Commerce – This certificate means that NetSuite has notified the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework developed by the Department of Commerce in coordination with the European Commission. The U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework provides guidance for U.S. organizations on how to provide adequate protection for personal data from the EU as required by the European Union’s Directive on Data Protection.
- ISAE 3402 and AICPA SSAE 16 TYPE II Audit certified – The International Standards for Assurance Engagements (ISAE) No. 3402, Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization and Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16
- TRUSTe Certified – TRUSTe is the leading global Data Privacy Management (DPM) company and powers trust in the data economy by enabling businesses to safely collect and use customer data across web, mobile, cloud and advertising channels. And NetSuite is TRUSTe certified to guarantee privacy of your data.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management – ISO/IEC 27001 is the best-known standard in the ISO family providing requirements for an information security management system (ISMS) and NetSuite has a current certificate of adhering to this standard.
What were the key factors in building the business case for cloud-computing investments at your organization? Please select your top three.
Source: “Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud Computing Q4 2014,” 451 Research.
High cloud maturity organisations tend to rank growth-related objectives as their top drivers among their drivers to cloud adoption.